Igniting a Passion to Pray
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 NLT
Moms in Prayer International brings you Igniting a Passion to Pray, a life changing six-week Bible study designed to cultivate a closer, more intimate relationship with God through a deeper prayer life. Taught by Fern Nichols, Igniting a Passion to Pray will guide you through the Four Steps of Prayer; praise, confession, thanksgiving and intercession, based on Scripture and used in Moms in Prayer groups. The results— you become confident in your prayer life, discovering the important role you have in releasing God’s power to accomplish His work on earth. No matter where you are in your walk with God, you will experience a greater intimacy with the Lord and a more effective prayer life as a result of taking this class!
(click on image to order)
Session 1: Opening My Heart to Pray
Session 2: Knowing My God – Praise
Session 3: Lord, Purify My Heart
Session 4: Developing a Thankful Heart
Session 5: A Heart to Stand in the Gap
Session 6: Putting My Prayers into Action
Note: Each session is approximately 2 hours including prayer & discussion time. This study can be taught in a 6 or 12 week format. More information for the 12 week format.
“I was reminded of the power of persistent prayer, proclaiming God’s Word, and of the importance of praying specifically for our requests. I now feel urged to go into battle in prayer with confidence in the victory we have in Jesus over our enemy.”— praying mom
“The six weeks took me back to the beauty and power of corporate prayer, of praying with others.”— Susan
“I learned to pray with confidence and expectation!”— praying mom
“A desire has been planted in my heart to teach my 14 year old daughter these Four Steps of Prayer, to train her to be a leader in prayer with her peers. The Lord answered my prayer of, ‘Teach me how to pray and leave a legacy of prayer to others.’”— Marie
“Fern is an amazing woman and example of a prayer warrior. She and Moms in Prayer has changed mine and my family’s lives.”— Debby
This study can be done:
- by yourself as a way to go deeper in your prayer life.
- at a home with your Moms in Prayer group or friends.
- at your church with a larger group.
Suggestions for teachers and facilitators:
- You can offer this study as a weekly or bi-weekly class.
- Choose either 90-minute or 2-hour sessions.
- Either show the video and facilitate, or if you like to speak, teach it yourself.
- You can choose how much time to give for personal time, group discussion and group prayer; also, bathroom break and when it’s offered in the lesson.
- You have the option to change group time to personal time.
- In week six, you can choose to pray longer through the Four Steps of Prayer.