Fern Nichols is a former elementary school teacher and the founder of Moms in Prayer International, a prayer movement that mobilizes women around the world to gather together to pray for their children and schools.
In 1984, Fern was fearful about sending her two eldest children off to junior high. She knew the school would be a battlefield for their hearts and minds. She realized the warfare would be intense and to fight in this battle she needed to invite other moms to pray. She called a mom and asked her to pray with her for their children and school. Her response was an immediate “yes,” and that was the humble beginning of Moms in Prayer that now spans the USA in every state and is in more than 140 countries.
Moms in Prayer is an hour of hope. Moms are discovering that being a part of the Moms in Prayer community is turning their fears to faith. Week after week they are learning to never underestimate the power of their prayers.
Fern has traveled to almost every continent in the world speaking, teaching and training women how to pray effectively.
Fern and her husband Rle have been married 51 years. They were involved with Campus Crusade for Christ (now CRU) for 15 years. They have four children and 10 grandchildren.
Books that Fern has authored or co-authored:
- The Moms in Prayer International Booklet describes how to start and lead a group.
- Moms in Prayer: Standing in the Gap for Your Children (formerly titled Every Child Needs a Praying Mom—a Silver Medallion winner) shares insight into the power of prayer for children and the impact of the legacy of prayer on future generations.
- Mom’s Little Book of Powerful Prayers shares 190 topical prayers to pray for your child and gives hope that our Heavenly Father hears and answers your prayers.
- When Moms Pray Together: True Stories of God’s Power to Transform Your Child includes 25 testimonies of answered prayer that will build your faith.
- Igniting a Passion to Pray is a six-week Bible study that cultivates a more intimate, loving relationship with God as women become confident pray-ers and comfortable praying with others.