February 2019 College Prayer Points
The Collegiate Day of Prayer
This is the month of the Collegiate Day of Prayer—Thursday, Feb. 28 to be exact.
As Moms in Prayer moms, we do weekly what the body of Christ is being asked to do for one day: adopt campuses and pray for them. It’s only natural that we should invite fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to join us on this day. Think of the benefits:
Expand Moms in Prayer and Schools Covered in Prayer:
- Participation in the CDOP could encourage more moms to start or join a group and raise up local leadership in your area.
Open the Church’s Eyes to the Need to Pray for Higher Education:
- College students will set the course for the seven cultural spheres of society—arts and entertainment, business, education, family, government, media, and religion. Virtually none have a biblical worldview they will take into the workforce.
- The climate on the college campus is a constant threat to Christian students professors,’ and administrators’ freedom of speech, religion, livelihood, and rights to meet and assemble.
- The church initiated the original concerts of prayer for colleges; it is time to return to the legacy and set a new course for history.
- It’s a form of local missions to the just under 20 million students–the majority of whom are unchurched and post-truth. And with 1.1 million international students it’s a form of foreign missions.
- Nearly 77% of our nation’s college campuses do not have a community of Christians sharing the hope of Jesus.
- It could help the church develop a heart for prayer for the community and the next generation.
Pave the Way for Revival and Awakening and Bring Glory to God:
- Revival and spiritual awakenings historically have been preceded by great outpourings of corporate prayer, started on college campuses, and sparked missional movements and cultural change.
- Moms in Prayer moms can share answers to prayer and give glory to God.
Tools for You to Use in Your Church and in Your Group:
- We will post an updated 2019 CDOP prayer sheet on the college pages; use in your group the week of Feb. 25-March 1, in personal prayer time, or at church.
- We will host a prayer call on Feb. 28. Join at: 10pm EST by calling: (712) 775-7270; access code: 803146. Have the prayer sheet handy.
- Visit the CDOP Website often 1) adopt campuses 2) see stats 3) get promotional materials to use at church. We need the church to join us if we are going to cover all 4,943 campuses. Host a Moms in Prayer table the Sunday before CDOP to promote our ministry; have a computer handy for people to adopt campuses.
February Prayer Points
- Teachers/Staff: paste the department of the week. Pray for the unsaved and saved administrators/staff/professors/students in that department using the two scriptures listed, respectively.
- Specific Requests: pray for things pertinent to that department. You can always pray for favor for Christian professors and students and a renaissance of Christian thinking.
- School Concerns: paste the next three items which are categorized by ways to pray Campus Concerns for 1) administration 2) students/campus ministries, and campus issues, and 3) the #everycampus movement we are supporting in prayer this year.
Feb. 1-2: Use Jan. 27-31 prayer points.
Feb. 3-9: Music, Drama, Art. 1) Financial Aid offices 2) Students develop healthy friendships 3) Praise that 800 campuses have been prayer walked in the first three weeks of the Every Campus initiative.
Feb. 10-16: Engineering. 1) Registrar’s Office 2) Campus Ministers spot students who need help and get them resources 3) Holy Spirit to move Christ followers to start prayer walking campuses.
Feb. 17-23: Nursing & Medicine. 1) IT Departments 2) Christ-centered movements of Christian profs & administrators mentoring the next generation 3) continued guidance and wisdom for the EveryCampus initiative leadership to discern next steps and how to give away the best of what they do in reaching college students with the Gospel.
Feb. 24-March 2: Physical Education. 1) Development Office 2) Pray for the church at large to embrace the Collegiate Day of Prayer and for every campus to be covered 3) for continued unity among campuses ministries to advance kingdom purposes and glorify God on campus.