I don’t know about you, but I often need a reminder of God’s love for me. To know that He’s there, that He’s listening and that He cares.
For those of us who feel lonely in this season or tend to forget that God’s love is always there for us, we can practice God’s presence by surrounding ourselves with the truth of His Word. Because God is love, His love is constant. His love doesn’t come and go. His love is steadfast and unfailing.
So go find a comfy chair or a quiet place where you can meditate on His Word and apply these truths to your daily life. He came to give you life and life abundant and He wants you to live this out, this great love He has for you.
Let His Word Paint a Picture for You
- For the LORD will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.
- And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
- You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!
- The Lord your God in your midst. He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
- You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah.
- The Lord is my shepherd. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
- When I awake, I am still with You.
- Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.
- He has put a new song to sing in my mouth, a song of praise to God.
- You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
(See Scripture references in order, below)
Whenever our feelings are telling us that God is standing afar off, and we question God’s love for us, let’s go to His Word and practice the Truth.
As we come together as praying moms each week, we are doing the same. It’s that weekly reminder that God is near. Let’s make sure we’re also reminding our kids of God’s love regularly. Tell them you’re praying for them and ask them to practice God’s Word.
YOU ARE LOVED!
Check out our new “mobile” prayer sheet:
God is Love
Purchase our Scripture Prayer Cards 30 pk. Tuck one into a backpack or lunchbox of your younger children or send to your college student.
Sue Iacoboni received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from Colorado State University. She now lives in Southern California with her husband of 23 years. Their 21 year old daughter is in her senior year in college. Sue is a member of a college Moms in Prayer group, is a chaplain and leads the prayer ministry at her church. Growing up in a cult and broken home, and being saved through the power of Jesus Christ many years later, God has placed a burden on her heart to pray for our youth. She firmly believes in the importance of prayer and the power of God’s Word to transform a young life.
Scripture references in order: Isaiah 52:12 ESV, John 14:16 NKJV, Isaiah 41:10 NLT, Psalm 16:8 NLT, Psalm 139:5b-6 NLT, Zeph 3:17a,c NKJV, Psalm 32:7b NASB, Psalm 23:1a, 2 NIV, Psalm 139:18b NKJV, Psalm 23:6 NLT, Psalm 40:3a NASB, Psalm 73:24 NLT